Responsible for the total maintenance of Accounts Receivables on behalf of Gable. Provides advice and assistance related to the processing of company accounts receivable invoices, billing, and collections. Work entails the accurate and timely performance of the following essential functions. Other functions and duties may be assigned by the VP of Finance to meet unusual business needs. Maintains all Gable personnel and financial information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
Key performance areas
- Effectively collect payments from customers, in order to keep accounts receivable again metrics (Days Outstanding, Past Due A/R as a Percentage of Total Outstanding A/R, etc.) within the goals established by Gable management.
- Develop and implement effective A/R collections processes and procedures.
- Provide management with periodic A/R aging reports, and the status of any past-due accounts. Recommend past-due accounts to be turned over to collections agencies, collection attorneys, and/or to be written off as bad debt.
- Apply customer payments to outstanding customer invoices in the ERP system, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the accounting team, where and when needed.
- Reviews open accounts to determine appropriate collection effort to be made.
- Daily maintenance and collections of past due accounts.
- Maintains a log of all collections calls made via comment sections in appropriate computer system.
- Communicate with internal and external customer by telephone and by mail to investigate complaints, verify accuracy of charges, or to correct errors in accounts.
- Mails form letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Initiates collections efforts for delinquent accounts or suggests write-offs.
- Processes and mails monthly accounts receivable statements.
- Interacts with Sales team to resolve identified collection disputes. Provides support to the Sales team, related to the collection effort.
- Maintain good communications with all company customers.
- Prepares and deposits all incoming accounts receivable payments.
- Prepares accounts receivable reports as requested by the Assistant Controller or the Vice President of Finance.
- Assists with applying payments to customer accounts.
- Assists with scanning and uploading documents into the computer system.
- Performs various clerical duties for the finance and accounting team as needed.
- Fills in on the front desk as needed. These duties include handling incoming telephone calls and greeting guests.