To perform the duties of an Assembly technician required for the team by the team lead. To understand the expectations of the assembly at hand in order to use the correct amount of time and materials to complete the job.
Key performance areas
- Ensure you are working in a safe and appropriate manner at all times and wearing the required PPE.
- Working the necessary hours needed to meet our customers’ dates.
- Positively support and work with all team members as a team.
- Support, maintain, and build Lean Culture at Gable.
- Preparing work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and part lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positioning parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembling components by examining connections for correct fit.
- Verifying specifications by measuring completed components.
- Resolving assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications and notifying the team leader to obtain additional resources.
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for repair.